A Rare and Important French Louis XIV Gilt-Bronze Mounted Boulle Marquetry Clock For Sale
This item has been shown 3985 times.
A Rare and Important French Louis XIV Gilt-Bronze Mounted Boulle Marquetry Clock:
Item Description: A Rare and Important French Louis XIV Style Gilt-Bronze Mounted Green Boulle Marquetry Clock, Regulateur De Parquet, with Matching Original Pedestal, circa 1890's. **After the Model by Jean-Pierre Latz. This fabulous clock and its matching pedestal are masterfully crafted of ebony and made with most spectacular polychrome Boulle marquetry comprising mother-of-pearl inlaid into golden brass. Having beautiful gilt-bronze mounts of putti surmounting the clock case, with boulle semi-precious stones, mother-of pearl, and brass inlay on an ebony lacquered wood ground, centering a glazed door revealing a circular gilt metal dial with enameled Roman and Arabic numerals. The whole surmounting a Rococo style gilt bronze and boulle inlaid pedestal, centering an inlaid musical trophy. ***The quality and details of this timepiece are very similar to the Latz clock held in the former residence of King Augustus III in Schloss Moritzburg. ***Considered among the premier ébénistes of the 18th century, Latz counted numerous members of royalty throughout Europe as patrons. His incredible creations can be found in world’s most prestigious museums and collections, including the J. Paul Getty, the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, the British Royal Collection Trust and the Staaliche Kunstammlungen Museums in Germany.
Measures: 85" high x 21" wide x 17.5" deepCondition: Good
- We have a fine selection of quality items for sale at Solomon Treasure.
- International as well as domestic customers are welcome - please contact us with questions regarding shipping or listings, and we will assist you quickly.
- All items can be inspected in-person or are available for pickup from our Gallery with no additional fee or charge.
- The authenticity of all items listed are guaranteed to be as represented - all efforts are taken to ensure accurate and descriptive condition reports and photographs.
- We reserve the right to use another shipping carrier other than what is listed to ensure your purchase arrives safely. Fedex cannot ship to a P.O. Box. Please contact us before or upon purchase if you have a preferred shipping carrier.