Mr. Bean Wrecks His McLaren F1

"Mr. Bean" a.k.a British actor and comedian Rowan Atkinson is one very lucky man today after crashing his McLaren F1 last night into a light post and a tree.

Rowan Atkinson

Atkinson was able to walk away from the crash with only a minor shoulder injury but his McLaren will need a lot more than just a band aid. It's not clear whether or not the car will even be able to be repaired.

Rowan Atkinson McLaren F1 crash

This is the second time Atkinson has crashed his McLaren that he bought himself back in 1997. Maybe he should just call this one good and not press his luck anymore with the McLaren. Just saying...

10 Responses to Mr. Bean Wrecks His McLaren F1

1. Erone says:

Complete write off on the car…way to go dummy, now there are only 64 F1s left in the world. Seriously, if you can’t handle one of these cars, don’t buy one.

2. manuka says:

Actually, these kind of supercars are parked in highly secured garages 365 days a year, so I think its quite cool for Mr Bean wrecking his McLaren twice. Yeah, if you drive something can happen…But this way I at least get to see the pictures of the crashed supercar. I wouldnt see it if it stayed in the garage all year.

3. asd says:

bet the 1st poster cant drive fast in a proper manner at all

4. Erone says:

I’m no Stig, but I damn sure have enough skill to not crash a McLaren TWICE.

5. Tyq says:

Atkinson is a complete car nut and has been his entire life and you can be sure as hell he knows how to drive properly. From interviews I remember that he does trackdays and in general various automotive events and stuff.

Just an interesting tidbit; on Top Gear he posted a record among celebrities (among which were some pretty damn good drivers) and is first.

6. Gigel says:

Plus, the fact that he’s driven this F1 for 37,000 miles warrants some respect. Sure, it’s a rare car, but what good is it if it’s never driven? I’m sure there’s at least one somewhere being preserved for history’s sake.

7. Jon says:

Thats sad, wrecking cars like this is a tragedy. It is nice to have these cars diven and not just parked but then again who wants to crash their 1.5 million dollar super car? I’m sure he is regretting what happend but what are you going to do.

8. Tom L says:

Just because Atkinson crashed his McLaren twice doesn’t mean he can’t handle supercars. Accidents happen even to the most careful, most experienced drivers.

9. rocky sly says:

I think Bean is better off with his minicar.

10. Anoymous says: